Day Tripping



The Sharyn Bag was designed from the bottom up, literally. It all started with a chance encounter with Luis, a guy I met at Casas Brancas in Buzios who has his very own stone mine. I had been carrying around one of my sketches of a silver rope-edge rivet, and wanted to find a natural stone for the setting. When Luis showed me his agate stones which were polished to a brilliant sheen and cut to the size of a pea, I saw my sketch come to life. These became the "feet" of the Sharyn Bag and the rest is history. The Sharyn Bag comes in chocolate or black Caiman Crocodile, and matte or glazed Anaconda. Aside from being hand-crafted locally and having those amazing agate feet, it also has a natural petrified wood zipper pull, and a multitude of pockets so you never have to dig around for your cell phone again. Sharyn Bag, from $1,200, kellylocke.com

No comments: